Want To Get Immigration Papers Before The Next Olympics? Here Are Two Ways

Kenyan born, Paul Chelimo, a distance runner who won a silver medal for Team USA, is in the U.S. military which has a Fast Track program that allows legal permanent residents to become U.S. citizens quickly. This program allows qualified armed forces members to expedite their naturalization process after they complete their basic training, and can be useful for people who need to become citizens quickly whether to apply for their family’s green cards, or for other reasons such as job opportunities or to compete in the Olympics like Mr. Chelimo.

If the military option is not for you, there is still a way to live in the U.S. legally for foreign born athletes can live and train in the U.S. with P visas. These non-immigrant P visas can be issued for up to three years and may also be renewed. Best of all, you do not necessarily have to be of ‘Olympic’ standard.

  • By Doreen Emenike
  • August 25, 2016
  • No Comments

Find More Reviews